My cousin invited us and a couple of our other cousins over to their house for dinner last Sunday. She was making the artichoke chicken recipe that I gave her (I made it once when we had them over for dinner and she fell in love with it and makes it all the time now too!). Everyone was bringing something for the meal, and she asked me to bring rice to spoon the sauce over. But where’s the fun in that? So, I decided to also bring a yummy drink for us all to have with dinner.
As most of you know, my husband and I don’t drink alcohol. But why should that stop us from being able to have a “special” drink every once in a while? It shouldn’t! I wanted to bring strawberry daiquiris, but I didn’t have a recipe for that, so I found this one on recipezaar. We were so surprised at how great these were with such simple ingredients! They have a really good mix of sweet and tart, which I love. The kids were fighting over the last few sips of these!
These will be a great go-to for summer bbq’s. Everyone brings different salads and sides, but who thinks to bring a yummy frozen drink? Well, now you do!! And now you’re the most popular person there.
Strawberry Daiquiris (Virgin)
- 4 c. frozen strawberries
- 6 oz. pink lemonade concentrate
- whipped cream**
- Combine in blender, process until smooth.
- Gradually add ice until desired consistency.
- Pour into glasses.
- If desired, top with whipped cream.
- Water: You might have to add a little water to these to get them to work with the blender. Add a little bit if you need to loosen them up a bit, they’ll still taste absolutely great.
- Whipped Cream: The recipe didn’t call for whipped cream, and I didn’t add it when I made them, but I just went back to the original recipe on recipezaar, and one of the pictures of it had whipped cream on top. I think these would taste even better with the whipped cream…I wish I would have thought to add whipped cream to them the first time I made them…next time I make them I’m DEFINITELY going to add the whipped cream!
- Rum: If you prefer the non-virgin variety, the original recipe called for 3/4 c. light rum…so go ahead and knock yourself out!
Tags: Strawberry Daiquiris, Virgin Strawberry Daiquiris
Posted in Budget Cooking, Desserts, Drinks, Quick Recipes, Simple Weeknight Meals!, So Easy it's Embarrassing | 1 Comment »